Saturday 18 April 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up April 11th-17th


I managed to finish 5 books this week. All 5 were New Adult #sorrynotsorry. And the first 4 were e-books. 

Hothouse Flower(Calloway Sisters #2, Addicted #2.2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie ****.5
Ah finally Daisy is legal so we can get her and Ryke's story. As per the time line of the books, it's very long awaited and under wraps. The big thing with their relationship was the age difference. Ryke being 7 years older. Before Daisy was 18 there was a bit of sexual tension between them, but it was pretty PG. They're friends. They're both a little wild, so they're drawn to each other. Although Ryke does bring the level headedness to the relationship. A lot of shit happens to Daisy and Ryke is literally the kindest and most selfless guy. I adore them together(and as individuals). So cute. It was just fantastic to see them finally come together, even when the world(and some of their family) is against it. #Raisy lives!

Thrive(Addicted #2.5) by Krista & Becca Ritchie ***
I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to read these one. I'm glad I did. But I did do a bit of skimming. See this book is Lily and Lo's POV's but it takes place over the span of about two years. The two years that the previous two books covered. Albeit those books weren't in these characters POV's. But even so I thought it might be a lot of rehashing of the events. My friend who's read the book told me it wasn't. Unfortunately I didn't agree. It definitely was rehashing. It was nice to see these events from Lily or Lo's POV instead but still I already knew the outcome. At least there were a handful of new scenes to keep me interested. I probably wouldn't be hesitant to let a potential reader know that if you've read the previous two books than this one really isn't necessary for story and character progression.

Addicted After All(Addicted #3) by Krista & Becca Ritchie ****
Very very satisfying ending to Lily and Lo's story. The growth and strength these two have continued to show is pretty admirable. Addiction is a life long battle but these two will definitely persevere. I loved seeing their relationship and family grow(babies!). Some of the story was a little repetitive over the coarse of their books, but overall a really raw look at two individuals dealing with addictions.

Fuel the Fire(Calloway Sisters #3, Addicted #3.1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie *****
As I'm sure you've noticed, this series has taken over my life the best two weeks. I kept saying after finishing each book that I would stop and get back on track with my TBR. Lies. There was no stopping. So now I'm caught up on all the published books. And let me tell you, this one was easily my favourite. I absolutely adore and ship Connor and Rose so very much. What a complex couple. Their minds and love is out of this world. I seriously cannot get over how intelligent these two are. The way they think and talk. Just in awe(and love). It might sound creepy but I want to be with these two through second of their lives. Like right there up in their faces and brains and yea... They really are my new OTP. But this story was also a little heartbreaking when Connor's past gets thrown out to the media. I felt his pain. Especially because people are quick to judge. Of course his way with words, perseverance and Rose and his friends standing by his side had me cheering. So beautiful! #coballoway for life!
Also I cannot forget to mention that Connor did a striptease in a pub. CAN THIS BE REAL LIFE?!


Asa(Marked Men #6) by Jay Crownover ****
Sob. I can't believe this is the end. I never want to leave the Marked Men gang. I wish this was real life. I would be right on infiltrating their friend group and than snagging me one of their men. Ahem. I think it was really fitting ending with Asa. He's the southern charmer with a scary looking past. But as this series is big on second chances, it really showed for Asa. And even Royal. They are definitely a spit fire kind of couple. They were clearly made for each other. I loved this book, like I've loved the whole series. Especially because of the friend dynamic and getting to see how the other couples lives are continuing on, I can only hope Crownover decides to re-visit these characters down the road.


What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that Asa cover, he is beautiful!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marked Men series sounds fun. I'll have to add that to my TBR. I'm not sure I've really ever read any NA other than a cozy mystery. I love when a series grabs me and I don't want to leave it. So I guess I'll have to add the Addicted series too. Emma loved the Don't Look Back book btw! Now I just need to steal it from her so I can read it!

    ReplyDelete