Sunday 12 October 2014

Showcase Sunday #56

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme held by Books, Biscuits and Tea. It allows fellow bloggers to show off any books or bookish things they've compiled over the week.

Happy Thanksgiving! How was your week? Mine was interesting. As I mentioned last in last weeks SS my car died. So I had to buy a new one. So I spent all Monday getting that sorted. And now I have a lovely 2015 Mazda 3. Big step-up from my 16 year old car. But I'm very happy with the purchase. Also one of my very good friends got married on Friday. Their wedding was beautiful. And I may still be recovering.
October is a massive new release month, so don't be surprised when a lot of them appear on my SS this month. I have a bunch of pre-orders. Or I'll just be buying them. A bunch of much anticipated sequels especially. Like this week saw the release of The Blood of Olympus. *tear* 


Purchased

Chapters
The Blood of Olympus(Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan: I can't believe this is it! I'm reading it right now. I don't want to finish it. #scared
Sublime by Christina Lauren: I devoured their Beautiful series in August and now this is their first YA book. It's a dark, paranormal romance. I'm excited!

Between the Spark and the Burn(Between #2) by April Genevieve Tucholke: I just read Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and really liked it. So of course I need to see how the dulogy ends.
Unraveled(Crewel World #3) by Gennifer Albin: I read Crewel when it first came out and loved, loved, love it. But for some reason I haven't gotten around to the second book yet. Now I can marathon the last two books though.

amazon.ca
The Bitter Kingdom(Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson: I read this trilogy last year. I own the first two in paperback, so I've finally picked up the finale in it as well.
Echos of Scotland Street(On Dublin Street #5) by Samantha Young: On of my favourite NA series. This one just came out on Tuesday. Needless to say, I devoured it on Tuesday.

E-Books Purchased


Review

** Thank you to HBG Canada for sending me those gorgeous ARC's. I'm soooo pumped for all three **
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
The Map to Everywhere(The Map to Everywhere #1) by Carrie Ryan & John Parke Davis

What did you guys get this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany



2 comments:

  1. The Fire and Thorns trilogy is amazing! Was such a surprise and I loved them all. Enjoy! :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drool* Can you adopt me please so I can have all of your books? Hehe kidding but these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete