Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Wrap-Up & October TBR

Holy cow! This is like the fastest year ever. I'm not even use to saying 2014 and I'm supposed to be saying 2015 in three short months? Ugh! September was an interesting month. Summer finally decided to make an appearance. A late appearance at that. It's been a hot month. I also was in Cuba for a week. It was technically a working trip, but it wasn't here. There was times when the month dragged and other times where I couldn't believe how far into September it had gotten. Like I said weird.
My reading was blah. If you remember from August, I read 28 books. September didn't even come close. I read 12 books. There was points where I was slumpy. Points where I binged some TV. And points where I was just too busy to read. I also DNF'd 3 books. One of them quite popular. One of them was a complete shocker in how much I disliked it. And one was just boring. The books I did finish weren't bad, for the most part. Let's just get into it.

Defiance(Defiance #1) by C.J. Redwine 4*
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes 5*
The Iron Trial(Magisterium #1) by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare 4*
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall 4*
Stay With Me(Wait For You #3) by J.Lynn 5*
Clipped Wings(Clipped Wings #1) by Helena Hunting 4*
Inked Armor(Clipped Wings #2) by Helena Hunting 4*
Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes 1*

Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella 4*
The 100(The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan 4*
Scratch by Rhonda Helms 2.5*
A bunch of 4*'s in the there. The Clipped Wings books were a very pleasant surprise. Definitely a hidden gem. If you guys like NA definitely look them up! My favourite of the month is probably very obvious, but it was Stay With Me. God, it's amazing. And Jax. Holy hell, Jax. 
The 3 books I DNF'd; CursedSalt & Storm and Falling Into Place.




I have a very ambitious TBR for October. I know there's a high probability they won't all get read. But I like to give myself options. Surprisingly(:P), Samantha and I are doing some buddy reads(besides all the new releases we'll both end up reading). Since it's October we've decided to have a bunch of creepy, scary books ready to go. We'll see which ones get read. I've got about 6 review books that need reading(3 of them pictured). October being the month with all the releases, I of course have quite a few on pre-order. Most of them will get read this month. Those for sure ones include; The Blood of OlympusEchos of Scotland StreetStone Cold TouchRowdy and Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I'm also slowly working my way through re-reading the Outlander series. Right now I'm on the 6th one, A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Than there's some others pictured I just want to get to.


How was your September? Whatcha reading in October?

Happy reading!

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. You're allowed to have an off month - it recharges the batteries for the next month! 12 books is still brilliant considering you were really busy - and binge watched The 100! And you read a lot of great books in September! How funny is Wedding Night? I was killing myself at all the ridiculous situations - especially the bed one. I promise I'll get to Clipped Wings soon, it's on my to buy list for this month when I get paid!
    We've got lots of great books to read this month! MARA DYERRRRRR! I'm honestly making everyone read this right now. I've got all the girls in my work reading it! I was kind of let down by Her Dark Curiosity - Juliet is annoying, but the ending is a perfect set up for book 3! I still haven't finished the second Outlander book... it's staring at me and I'll get back to it eventually.
    October is going to be an AWESOME reading month for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 books! That's 10 more than I managed! That's more than I read on my best months! Jesus.
    The year really is passing crazy fast, I barely remember September at all! :X It's insane.
    We had some nice weather as well. i hope at least Fall will be warm and sunny since summer was more Springy. :L
    I hope you reach the goals in October! I'll be braving some spooky reads :X

    ReplyDelete