Sunday 5 October 2014

Showcase Sunday #55

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme held by Books, Biscuits and Tea. It allows fellow bloggers to show off any books or bookish things they've compiled over the week.

Hello, friends. How was your week? Mine was fine until driving home yesterday from work when my car decided to die. I literally had 30 seconds to move over. I heard a noise, started to lose power, a light came on and that was that. Just fantastic. Now I don't have a car today and I feel stranded. I shouldn't. But I do. Argh!
But no worries, there's still books to show you guys. I had some pre-orders come in. May have visited my book store and had a nice surprise come from an author. I also downloaded some e-books and audio books from my library.

Purchased

Sacrifice(Elemental #5) by Brigid Kemmerer: My finished copy came in. Look at them all together. The covers may not totally match. But at least they kept the spins matching. You guys know this is my fave series. GO READ IT!

The Rosie Effect(Don Tillman #2) by Graeme Simsion: I pre-ordered this as soon as I heard about it. I read The Rosie Project earlier this year and loved it. 

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas: I was picking up The Rosie Effect at Chapters and obviously couldn't just walk out with one book. I made sure to get these two as well. So I've heard amazing things about this one, and October seems like the perfect month for a crime thriller.
Made For You by Melissa Marr: Cover totally caught me eye months ago. The summary also sounds cool. Started it last night and I was instantly hooked.

E-Books Purchased


Review

Thanks to the author, Ann Aguirre for sending me the first two books in her Dred Chronicles; Perdition and Havoc.

Netgalley


Library


What did you guys get this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany








2 comments:

  1. Wow, you look like you have a lot of pretty books this week. I hope you enjoy them all and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul this week. YAY!!! YOU HAVE DANGEROUS GIRLS!!!! I loved that book, although I am not a fan of that cover. I really want to read Made For You, keep hearing amazing things. I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete