Thursday 30 June 2016

Let's Chat: 2016

Accurate depiction of my 2016



So, it's the, "Oh My God I can't believe it's July; where has the year gone?", mid-point of the year. Wherein I start looking back on all the shit I didn't get done and thinking there's always next year. Apparently, six months may as well stand in as the full year because I'm that kind of person. Time goes by super quickly, so why not speed it up and pretend like there's no difference between getting that shit down in six months or a year.

That's not what we're here to chat about, so random, pointless tangent aside. I want to discuss my year so far in blogging and reviewing. To put it plainly, this year has sucked. And it's pretty obvious that my mood and personal goings on(or lack thereof) have affected my desire to post regularly or by any kind of schedule. For the most part, my Weekly Wrap-Ups that go up on Saturdays are the only for sure post.  

Like I said, my mood is 100% to blame. We're not going into details, but technically I've been unemployed for almost a year. So the stress and everything else that comes along with not working is, of course, going spill over into other aspects of my life. A major side effect that comes with being unemployed? Laziness. Let's face it, I have all the time in the world to blog. In theory, I should have a post up every day. But that's not how it goes. My brain is mush. Writing a review is hard. Firstly, it takes me forever(the internet does have some blame in this because distractions). And from there I just don't have the words and opinions forming in any logical or thought-out sentences. Seriously, it takes me minutes to come up with words that aren't, so, and , or but. Honestly, that's a little embarrassing. And also makes me hate writing a review. Only one review comes to mind that I wrote out in a few minutes with no thought at all. Mostly it was me fangirling, but still(A Court of Mist and Fury, for those wondering). 


Me thinking about writing a review

Obviously, I could just take some time away from the blog; and with my irregular posting, it may seem like I'm already doing that. I have thought of just taking a month to not worry about my little piece of the interwebs. But I can't seem to actually just flat out stay away. One, I'm still requesting ARC's(I can't not, it's impossible, I want all the shiny books in my grabby hands). So that means things that need reviewing. And secondly, I get anxious with that thought. At least getting a post up a week is something. I'm still kind of active and around and being social and loving you guys. 

I get posts planned. I have the thought to write that review that needs writing. I have a dozen half written reviews and TAGS and other type posts sitting there in that draft folder. And unfortunately, that's where some of them will sit. I've come to the realization that I need to be okay with the number of posts I get out. I need to not force myself to write a review I'm not feeling. This year is stupid, and the only one judging my ability to blog is me. Let's face it, at least when I get a review posted we know it ain't going to be short because well this "chat" be some solid evidence. 

Have some Legolas because he's pretty

All in all, I'm just saying that I know my 2016 blogging year, thus far, has been sporadic. And I'm going to go ahead and forecast that the next few months, at least, will follow the same suit. It is what it is, and I'm trying not to add extra stress and anxiety to my already unemployed stressed out self. I enjoy blogging, it's a hobby that I don't want to make into a chore.

Reading wise we all know isn't suffering. My reading mood is.... interesting. It's the normal NA and romance. But I'd actually be very happy strictly re-reading. More than a quarter of the books I've read this year have been re-reads. It's what I'm craving and feeling. So why deny myself getting reacquainted with some of my favourite romance novels and couples? Well, I'm clearly not.

How I feel re-reading a favourite book


You guys feel my long rant? How's your 2016 been? Let's chat below.

Happy reading!

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I've been craving some rereads too but then there's all the new shiny books that I want and then feel obligated to read first which of course makes me want to reread more. It's kind of a vicious cycle. I can see how the open schedule ends up getting less done than more. I've found I have to make a to-do list or I'll flounder. Of course I'm a bit on the Type A side of things (shocking I know). You do have me wanting to just pull all the books I want to reread and just get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lame is that? You have the time to blog but no desire. Blah. But why force it? You'll only end up not enjoying it and then what's the point? I've always been practically obsessive about my reviews. Like, as soon as I finished a book I'd write my review. Rarely did I go more than 48 hrs without getting it done. But lately? Yeah not so much. The spring/summer of 2016 seems to be the time of laziness. Because I *want* to do my reviews but when it comes down to it I just can't be bothered. I'm currently 13 books behind. 13 books read but not reviewed. If I allow myself to think about it I practically hyperventilate. Gah!

    ReplyDelete