Thursday 1 May 2014

April Wrap Up & May TBR

So that's a wrap on April. Getting closer and closer to summer. YAY! Although these last few days have been rainy and cold. So it's making me quite depressed. How was my April you ask. Well it was good. It was my birthday. I meet a few of my favourite authors. And even more exciting was finally meeting some other blogger friends in person. Can't wait to meet up with them again sometime soon. I've also, finally, been able to get outside and start running. I am a runner and it sucks being stuck inside all winter. I've got a 5K coming up at the end of May, so I've been training my lazy butt off for it. I also participated in my first giveaway for one of my favourite series's. That was great. I will definitely be hosting another one in the future.
My month in reading was fantastic. I manage to read 23 books. :O I know! And a lot of them were 4* or higher. Which just makes me happy. Also had another fun month doing a few buddy reads with Samantha. And it seems she's having fun doing them too since we have like the rest of the year planned out. Haha! :D

Daimon(Covenant #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 4*
Half-Blood(Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 4*
Before I Die by Jenny Downham 3*
Fragments(Partials Sequence #2) by Dan Wells 4.5*
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp 2*
Dorothy Must Die(Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige 5*
Rule(Marked Men #1) by Jay Crownover 4.5*
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters(PJ #2) by Rick Riordan 4*(re-read)
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5*
Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant(Delilah Dirk #1) by Tony Cliff 4*
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(HP #3) by J.K. Rowling 5*(re-read)
Tides by Betsy Cornwell 3*
How to Love by Katie Cotugno 4*
Nash(Marked Men #4) by Jay Crownover 5*
End Times(End Times #1??) by Anna Schumacher 2*
Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse(PJ #3) by Rick Riordan 4*(re-read)
Nova and Quinton:No Regrets(Nova #3) by Jessica Sorensen 4*
Jet(Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover 4.5*
Rome(Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover 4.5*
Ruins(Partials Sequence #3) by Dan Wells 4.25*
Dangerous Dreams(Dangerous Creatures #0.5) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 3*
Dangerous Creatures(Dangerous Creatures #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 3*
The Warrior(Dante Walker #3) by Victoria Scott 4*
Finished off a few series I really enjoyed; Partials, Nova and Dante Walker. Sad to see them come to an end, but the endings were all satisfying. Started/binge read the books that are out so far in the Marked Men series. What a surprise. I am in love. If you guys are looking for really, really good NA than pick Rule up ASAP! As for favourite(s) of the month it would have to be Dorothy Must Die, Don't Look Back and Nash. I just knew I would love DMD and it did not disappoint. Don't Look Back was a bit of a surprise. I love my JLA but this was something new for her and she did it so so right(check out my review).

May TBR is looking pretty good. More buddy reads with Samantha; PureBurn for Burn and a surprise one that she is sending me. Also buddy reading The Blood of Eden trilogy with Juhina. Can't wait to finally read this trilogy. I'm a Kagawa fan and I've been waiting impatiently for the last book to be released so I could do a binge. Also some May releases(and series enders), Savage DriftCity of Heavenly Fire and Raging Star. I'm actually going to re-read Blood Red Road and Rebel Heart(because I can't remember much of them) before reading Raging Star. As well as the rest of Percy Jackson series and HP & the Goblet of Fire. Got some e-galleys to get to; Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to MendSilver Bay and One Man Guy.  Check out my TBR jar pick for the month to the left. Anyhow, those are the planned books. But as I've stated many times, I suck at TBR's. So we'll see what sticks and what I'm in the mood for. Like right now I'm in a major NA kick, and I've got some on order that I'm dying to get into. So those will probably be read. #sorrynotsorry

How was your April? What are you looking forward to in May? Let me know!

Happy reading!

Brittany


2 comments:

  1. You had an awesome April! Excited for your May reviews!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sick of rain, it's been on and off with sun past few days. I caught a cold, so stupid. Cannot wait for summer!
    Also late happy birthday, hope it was awesome!
    And yay for meeting authors. :D Love that.
    WOW at your reading! Absolutely amazing, I wish I had such a great track record. Good luck in May!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete