Tuesday 28 January 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In!

10. The world in Birthmarked is just messed up. The people outside the wall have nothing except what the government gives them. Some of them will also have to give up their babies. And even when you get inside the Enclave where it's supposed to be the elite, people can't conceive because the population is so inbreed that it's causing deformities and other issues.

9. In Wither because of a failed(suprise!) attempt at the government to produce a perfect race, females now live to 20 and males to 25. Which beyond the shorten life spans, created war and ruin. As well as human trafficking of young girls to the high society males. So now there's polygamy as a norm.

8. Divergent's Chicago is definitely something I'd want to stay the hell away from(I don't even think Tobias could convince me otherwise). As much as I'd like to think I'd become Dauntless, I wouldn't. I'd fail and than be factionless. Also, ain't nobody going to tell me that I can only inhibit one main trait!

7. Delirium is another one where the government is controlling you. And this time saying love is a disease. You can't live without love! So that would mean I would have to escape into the wilds. And well me and nature and the whole having to survive in it wouldn't really get along. Here's another world I would die in.

6. I may have not liked The 5th Wave but let's be honest, these aliens be scary as hell. You don't know what's going to happen next. Who you can trust. And when the hell are the aliens actually going to fully invade?!

5. Blood Red Road is a dust lands. Humans are far and few between. And the land itself is just ravaged. Another book that when you come across a stranger there's a very good chance they'll want to kidnap you or just outright kill you. Plus Saba leaves in a desert with constant sandstorms. Yea, no thanks.

4.  So let me just give you the opening description for Unwind: "The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end." WTF?! All it could take is for you and your parents to have a fight over curfew and they could say to hell with you and that's that. You're dead, because it's legal to now abort your life.

3. Of course Panem from The Hunger Games made my list. I don't need to tell anybody why. That shit just be crazy!

2. In The Forest of Hands and Teeth this small society lives in a fenced in area because of the zombies ravaging the land beyond it. There's only a fence protecting you from zombies. A fence! And all it takes is literally a lick from one of these zombies and your infected and thrown in with your new friends. And also this village is full of secrets. Which of course turn out to be life altering.

1. And lastly, since government ruled worlds seem to be my scariest nightmares, I'll give Crewel the top spot. Pretty much because all it takes is one little clip on one of the looms of your lifeline or your houses lifeline or the street your walking down or just the town you live in lifeline to be gone. In this world you literally have no control over anything you do. It's decided when you're born and to you. And hell, if the government decides to up and move you to another family at any point they can. Just by the re-threading of your life on a loom. You forget your past and move on to this new family you think you've known all your life. And then one day they'll just decide it's time for you to die. Ugh! Scary!

Let me know your scariest worlds down below.

Happy reading!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. I see dystopia is winning your list! :) I haven't read all of these yet but am looking forward to, especially Chemical garden series.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete