Sunday 19 January 2014

Showcase Sunday #19

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme held by Books, Biscuits and Tea. It allows fellow bloggers to show off any books or bookish things they've compiled over the week. 


It's still winter. Work is still extremely busy. So let's just get right into the good stuff. BOOKS!
Got another box set this week. I started the first book and wanted to get the rest of the series. But it turns out it was a lot cheaper to just get the set. So now I have doubles of the first book. I'll probably give it to my cousin or maybe a giveaway? Not sure yet. Also got some new releases in series I've started. Plus some others that caught my eye.
I was awful with requesting on Netgalley this week. Luckily not all my requests have come back yet. And for one of them I just saw the authors name so I clicked request. Turns out it's a third in a series. So that's not going to happen anytime soon. Bad research on my part...

Purchased

The Liberator(Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott
The Seven Realms Box Set by Cinda Williams Chima


Unhinged(Splintered #2) by A.G. Howard
Enders(Starters #2) by Lissa Price


Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Charm(Tales from the Kingdom #2) by Sarah Pinborough

E-Books Purchased

The Paper Sword(Spell Crossed #1) by Robert Priest
The SunBird(The Lion Hunters #3) by Elizabeth Wein
The Martian by Andy Weir

On the plus side, I've already read three of the books I purchased and have started another.
And I'm also promising to get a review or two up this week. I'll again make the excuse that it's been pretty hectic this past while, so unfortunately review writing(which takes more time to write than a meme) has taken a back seat. But I'm going to get back on it. Hopefully....

So what did you guys get this week? Let me know or link up your weekly haul down below.

Happy reading!

Brittany

3 comments:

  1. Unhinged!!! <3 I loved this one so much more than Splintered! I'm super excited to see what you think of it :)
    I take it you enjoyed The Collector since you've got The Liberator? If you did then I'm glad you ended up enjoying it a lot more than I did :)
    I need to get around to buying Starters at some point since I've heard amazing things about that series!
    Great haul, Brittany! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start the Seven Realms series ASAP. The box set looks so good :) Enjoy everything
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I look forward to starting Howard's and Price's books, I heard many positive things about both.
    I hope you enjoy all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete