Tuesday 8 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Unique Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Most Unique Books I've Read!

10 & 9
Levithan is known for his unique story telling. With The Lover's Dictionary we get the progression of a couples relationship told through different words in a dictionary format. And in Every Day the MC is a gender-less soul(?)  who starts everyday in a different persons body.
8 & 7
Both these guys have very unique writing styles. Blood Red Road lacks dialogue tags and is full of purposeful spelling mistakes. Takes a lot of getting use to. And Shatter Me is full prose with words and sentences crossed out.
6
I found I Hunt Killers unique because it's not just an thriller. The MC is the son of a notorious serial killer. It's so interesting being in his head.
5
Now what I find unique about this book is its publishing. For anyone who doesn't watch Castle(the tv show), this book series is supposed to be the books Castle has written throughout the show. I didn't find the book all that great, but it's pretty cool that they're publishing the books the fans of the show have seen come to fruition.
4
I thought Why We Broke Up was pretty unique because of the drawings and pictures throughout the book. It just adds so much to your reading experience.
3
Talk about adding to your reading experience. Music plays a huge part in Maybe Someday. So much so that Hoover collaborated with musician Griffin Peterson. This book comes with a soundtrack! As you're reading along you'll come upon lyrics, that's when you turn on said song and listen as you read the lyrics. This was perhaps one of the most emotional reading experiences because of the songs.
2
This book offers one of the most honest POV's I've had the pleasure of reading. And that's because it's told from Ivan's, the gorilla. This book is spectacular.
1
If you've not seen how cool The Thorn and the Blossom is than you need to run out to a bookstore or at least google it. "You can open the book in either direction to decide whether you’ll first read Brendan’s, or Evelyn’s account of the mysterious love affair. Choose a side, read it like a regular novel—and when you get to the end, you’ll find yourself at a whole new beginning."
Of course it's published by Quirk.

What's your most unique reads? Let me know down below or link up your TTT.

Happy reading!

Brittany

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about how cool The Thorn and The Blossom was! Every time I go into the bookstore I look for that book. NO LUCK so far! I should just order it from Amazon!
    Cool list Brittany! Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my Top Ten
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many I have read, so I will really have to check the others out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks! I am just reading One Day and I really like the idea! Not too keen on delivery though, but will be a good read nevertheless.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete