Tuesday 2 January 2018

Favourite Reads of 2017



Hey. Hi. Hello. Yes, I still hang around my blog sometimes. Like 90% of the world, I felt the effects of 2017. It was a trash fire and I'm extremely happy to see it end. My blogging and reading were not at it's best. I'm just going to skip over the blog though(I hope to get a burst of motivation and inspiration to start posting much more regularly).
I read in 2017. That wasn't the problem. The issue was the books I read. I seemed to not be able to catch a break. And could be why I reread a hell of a lot more than usual. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a bunch of the books. It's just my average rating really dropped. I'm sure it had to do with me just not being able to deal with a lot of the smaller issues that pop up in romance books(and YA). I don't think I necessarily read more critically; or as much as I want to be. I just didn't want to deal with mediocre. Which bleed over into some of my favourite authors. Some of their books my biggest disappointments of the year. If you know me, you'll definitely notice their absences from the list.
I had planned on making the usual 17 of 2017 post... but I found I would just be lying. Of the 20 5 stars, most were rereads. So you know what, that sums up my year. I had some new 5 star reads but nothing became an all-time favourite stand out.
With all that shit being said, don't get me wrong, these books being mentioned today were wonderful for many different reasons. That's why I choose them as my favourites of 2017.
Friends, I hope you had a wonderful 2017. I want to make time to see you guys around here more in 2018. Let's get this started.


10. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)

9. Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor
Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)

8. Play On by Samantha Young
Play On (Play On, #1)

7. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
Alex, Approximately

6. Damaged Like Us by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Damaged Like Us (Like Us, #1)

5. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Guide, #1)

4. Pucked Off by Helena Hunting
Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)

3. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Eliza and Her Monsters

2. Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
Good Boy (WAGs, #1)

1. Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
Letters to the Lost

Let me know what your favourite read of 2017 was.

Happy reading!

Brittany


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you! I'm sorry 2017 was such a crap year when it comes to reading but rereading is always good. I hate going through spells of mediocre books and I've found I tend to tumble into them if I stick to the same genre too long. What might be a mild annoyance the first time because DNF material the tenth. I hope 2018 is way better reading and blogging wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I *still* haven't read Alex, Approximately. I'm going to make it a priority this month. Same for The Gentleman's Guide. I'm hopeful that I'm going to love that one. Letters to the Lost was so, so good. I'm excited to get Rev's story this year.

    ReplyDelete