Saturday 24 October 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up October 17th-23rd


This week I managed to read four book. One was an e-ARC. Three being physical books; one of those a re-read.


Fall From India Place(On Dublin Street #4) by Samantha Young ****(re-read)
Just wanted some Marco in my life. Find my original review here.


Seven Nights to Surrender(Art of Passion #1) by Jeanette Grey ***
On paper I should have enjoyed this one a lot more. The writing was kind of beautiful. And honestly there was nothing really wrong with the dialogue or characters. Apparently I just never connected to their story. I would have loved to get caught up in the whirlwind Paris love affair. The beginning was a little boring, unfortunately. There is a major case of insta-love. When in actuality it is lust. I mean Kate is thinking the L word after a few days of this whirlwind romance. That's not love, honey. You don't even know his last name. Rylan is another story. I found him kind of slimy. He actually doesn't really come off like that. He's quite tender with Kate. But I couldn't help seeing him as the slimy guy who picks up naive tourists. Still the story was enjoyable. The setting even more so. And I will have to read the sequel since it kind of ends on a cliffhanger.


Illuminae(The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff *****
Holy shit, this book. I don't know one can really review it, but I want to try because space. No, seriously I will; hopefully in the next week or two.


Signs Point to Yes by Sally Hall **
I've actually had pretty good reading with Swoon Reads. And did thoroughly enjoy Hall's first book, A Little Something Different. But not so much here. Just a big pile of meh. The story, writing and characters were extremely juvenile. If you want fluff, look no further. Way too much eye rolling and just convenient moments. There was no substance. With a few swear words thrown in to remind readers these are 17 year old's we're reading from not 10 year old's.


A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on


What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany

5 comments:

  1. I hate when I just don't connect with a book but for no good reason! That's too bad about Seven Nights to Surrender as it does look like there's a lot of potential there. Samantha Young is on my TBR and I'm glad to know that one is reread worthy. Always fun. It looks like you've had a fantastic week! Hope this coming week is fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it did suck about Seven Nights to Surrender. But I guess we can't like every book we should. :(
      Young is awesome. I've re-read her books a bunch.
      Thank youuuu! Have an amazing week too!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I've yet to start that Samantha Young series. I even have the first 3 or 4 books so I don't even have a good excuse. :) Is Fall From India place your favorite in the series? I have Illuminae on hold at the library. Actually it's for my husband but I'm thinking I may need to read it, too. We might have to tag team the book. LOL

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well like Tucker is for me, Young is a must for you! The third book is my favourite. It has my favourite couple. But I love the whole series. It's hard to pinpoint, but I think Hero(her stand alone) is possibly my favourite book of hers. Maybe you can even start there.
      Tag team is a good idea! The book is so wild, it'll be great for you guys to read it together because then you can theorize and just discuss all the craziness that is Illuminae.

      Delete
  3. man, now I really need to read Illuminae!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete