Saturday 6 June 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up May 30th-June 5th



This week I managed to finish nine books. Seven on them were physical copies, two were e-books(one of them a novella).


Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave ****.5
Full review here

After We Collided(After #2) by Anna Todd *
There is a very ranty review to come.

Earth & Sky(Earth & Sky #1) by Megan Crewe **
I've started a review but I don't really have a lot to say. This book started out promising. For the first 30ish pages I was thinking this is going to be good. But than everything turned really confusing and I was having a really hard time believing what Win was spewing out. I understand with time traveling that you should suspend your belief but when the author is grasping at straws trying to explain the time traveling aspect, why the aliens are screwing around with earth and the plot well it's pretty much a mess of a story. I skimmed 50% of the book. I was bored for all it. Everything was given to the MC on a silver platter. Earth & Sky was a pretty big let down. Especially when I heard it compared to the Lux series. Lies. Very big lies.

Nantucket Blue(Nantucket #1) by Leila Howland ***
Cute-sh contemp in a great setting. I enjoyed it. Super quick and light. But not really memorable. I only read it a few days ago and already I'm scratching my head trying to remember plot points or the MC's name... I will say that the paperback is really well made. So well done Disney.

Valentine(On Dublin Street #5.5) by Samantha Young *****
Just a really quick novella featuring all the couples from the series, in separate short stories about their valentines day. I just loved it. Anything Young wants to throw my way featuring this series I was eat right up.

Magnolia by Kristi Cook ****
What a fun take on Romeo & Juliet. It's kind of subtle play on the, well, play. Jemma is an awesome kick-ass southern belle. Ryder is the popular, nice guy. Their families have been pushing them together since they were born. Which turns into one of my favourite romance tropes(okay, I have a lot of favourites); childhood friends and hate to love relationship. Add in them being stuck together through a storm and I was not putting the book down. Seriously I read it in a sitting. Super quick, fun summery read. 

Moonlight on Nightingale Way(On Dublin Street #6) by Samantha Young *****
Review to come.


Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby *****
Fantastic. You know going in that it's going to be a really sad and heart breaking start. So I was kind of prepared. I think Kirby did a really good job showing how we deal with loss. Quinn was still finding it hard to let go, even though more than a year had passed. I loved her journey to figuring out how to do that. Colton was a big part in that. The romance was so super sweet. Colton was such a good guy(new book boyfriend alert). Although the story was predictable it didn't take away from the emotional journey I experienced in just 300 pages. Onto my re-read shelf Things We Know by Heart goes.

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle ***
I literally just finished this and I'm still rolling my eyes. I will mention that this should not be classified as YA. It is definitely NA based on the sex scenes and the words used. It's pretty juvenile NA though. I think this book tried to hard to be a more grown up version of Forever by Judy Blume(I didn't like that book either). You've got the coming of age, first love, young love going on which wasn't executed all that well. The writing was to simple. The characters one dimensional. I get what Myracle was trying for. But for me, that just didn't come through. In the end it was still an enjoyable read. And that cover, yo.

What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany 



2 comments:

  1. 9 books!! You are my hero. I'm really looking forward to your ranty review and catching up on the Grape book review. I'm so behind on my blog reading that I'm missing all the good stuff! The Infinite Moment of Us sounds like one of those books that have so far kept me from reading NA. Look forward to your reviews. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kept reading the After series!? xD Can't wait to read your ranting.

    ReplyDelete