Wednesday 11 February 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Where Am I?

Top 5 Wednesday is a meme started by Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey. Find the list of all the #T5WFamily here.


This weeks topic is:


Top 5 Books That Take Place Where I Live(city, province, country)!

This one is so hard. I've barely read any books that take place in Toronto(biggest city closest to me). I don't even know if there are a lot of them. On top of that, I'm a terrible Canadian because I really haven't read many books that take place somewhere in Canada. I should really make a list and start reading more off of it. I do want to read more books that take place where I reside. I love when I'm reading along and can picture a street or landmark that is mentioned. Makes it a much more visceral experience.

5. Wild Awake

Vancouver, British Columbia

4. Dark Inside

Vancouver, British Columbia & Winnipeg, Manitoba
I might be a little wrong on the Winnipeg part. I know there's another province in there, which I'm pretty sure is Manitoba.

3. Anne of Green Gables

Avonlea, Prince Edward Island

2. Ultraviolet

Sudbury, Ontario

1. Anna Dressed in Blood

Thunder Bay, Ontario

Any suggestions on books I should be adding to my Canadian reading list?

Happy reading!

Brittany




3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read very many books that take place in Canada but Montgomery's books have definitely made me want to visit! For the most part I enjoy reading about locations that are familiar but it can also be a big negative. I get very nervous about books set in the South because there are so many stereotypes that just make me cringe - we don't all say ya'll or speak in cutesy little sayings, we're not any less educated than anywhere else in the country, etc. Drives me crazy! Anna Dressed in Blood has been on my TBR for awhile. I didn't realize it was set in Canada. Interesting list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booky: A Trilogy by Bernice Thurman Hunter is one of my favourites. Its a middle grade book, but its set in Toronto during the great depression. Also I just recently read a book called Perdita by Hilary Scharper. Its a historical fiction with kind of paranormal-ish aspects. That set on the Bruce Peninsula of Georgian Bay and in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find some books in my hometown for the popsugar challenge, but I almost think I am just going to branch out to Minnesota because my hometown is so small
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete