Friday 10 July 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out



Full credit to A Book So Fathomless for coming up with these questions. Find their post here.


I saw a BookTuber I follow do a video with these questions, and I figured since I'm struggling to get reviews posted this a good post to do. And it's always fun at the end of the year to look back and see if any of my answers will have changed(for the ones that could).

1. Best book you've read so far in 2015.
I've had a really good reading year. And thus have found quite a few new favourites. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda still remains top though.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
I can't choose between Fuel the Fire and Broken Juliet. so I won't. I love them both so so so much.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Dream A Little Dream. I know it's more of a newer release but that doesn't mean I can't believe I didn't read it as soon as it landed in my mail box. 

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Is this a serious question? Queen of Shadows. Obviously.

5. Biggest disappointment.
Based on the expectations I had for the book, I'd have to go with Never Never Part 1. How can I not love a Colleen Hoover book? Apparently it's possible.

6. Biggest surprise.
Rites of Passage. I didn't think I'd dislike it. I'm just surprised by how on point it was. It's bloody fantastic.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you).
Easy. Heather Demetrios. Read her two contemporaries this year and absolutely feel in love. Two of my absolute favourite books from this year. And of all time.

8. Newest fictional crush.
All of them... We all know I fall in love with a new book boyfriend more than once a week. But since I'm be forced to choose; Patrick(Something Real), Connor(Addicted series), Ethan(Bad Romeo)

9. Newest favourite character.
Simon Spier. Could he be even more freakin' adorable? 

10. Book that made you cry.
Uh... I'm kind of heartless. But there a few times my eyes decided to leak. I'll Meet You There, All the Bright Places and The Last Time We Say Goodbye. 

11. Book that made you happy.
Well obviously Simon. But for the sake of being super repetitive, The Martian made me LOL so much. Which makes me happy.

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
The only adaptation that I can think of(that I've seen) is Insurgent. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. 

13. Favourite review you've written this year.
I think Challenger Deep just because it was a hard one to write based on its subject matter. I hopefully conveyed how wonderful and important of a read it is.  

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received).
This edition of Cinderella and the Little Glass Slipper. Camille Rose Garcia's art work is gorgeous. I have the three classic books she's illustrated so far. I hope there's more in the works. 

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
What books don't I need to read? All of my review books are always my priority. Otherwise there's a few authors that I need to read this year(because for some reason I've yet to read any of their work). The ones I've yet to get to are Brandon Sanderson, Victoria Schwab, and Gail Carriger.




Link me up if you decide to do this survey too.

Happy reading!

Brittany


10 comments:

  1. Ooh, interesting survey. I've been meaning to read Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda for a while, better get down to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'm down with that. Getting to it sooner rather than later is definitely recommended.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the Friday Book Beginnings. This is my first time on your blog and I like what I see. This is a fun survey/round-up. I might be tempted to do it myself but what I really should be doing is writing reviews for books I've finished reading but not written a review for yet. Check out my blog!? Anne@HeadFullofBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!
      Review writing piles up so quickly. But this is a fun quick survey. So hopefully you can get to it as well.
      I'll definitely come have a stop by yours.

      Delete
  3. Ah I NEED to read Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda! Everyone is raving about it so much! Intriguing answers!

    Ben @ http://bensawyerbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this looks like a fun prompt! Why didn't I do this?!?! *might still do it* :P

    SIMON!!!! xD

    I'm going to have to look into some of these books, especially Camille Rose Garcia's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's not even mid month yet.

      SIMON! <3 <3 <3

      Yea, you'll definitely want to collect all the Camille Rose Garcia books. They are freakin' beautiful!

      Delete
    2. I just might. :P

      :D

      Definitely going to look into them next. :)

      Delete
  5. I need to hurry up and read Simon, you have me itching to get to it. I have the book, so I have no excuse not to get to it. QUEEN OF SHADOWS!!!!! I need this book so badly. I want to read The Martian, was not expecting it to be a laugh out loud kind of book though, so that's interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete