Tuesday 17 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read In 2013!

So I'd heard of most these authors before I read their books. It just came down to me finally picking up one of their novels and enjoying it. Or not.

1. Patrick Ness: I actually had picked up The Knife of Never Letting Go years ago but put it down because I wasn't enjoying it. But now I've read that and A Monster Calls and will continue to read everything else by him.

2. Neil Gaiman: Read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and didn't really enjoy it. Although I'm happy to have finally read one of his books. And am still interested to check out some of his others.

3. Holly Black: I read two of her books this year. Enjoying one and disliking the other. But as with Gaiman, I'm definitely interested to check out her other books.

4. Jessica Sorensen: I guess with this New Adult genre really taking off this year I got to discover some awesome new authors. Jessica being one of them. I now have a lot of her books on my shelf to devour.

5. Richelle Mead: I finally read the Vampire Academy series and feel in love. And am kicking myself for putting it off for so long.

6. Marie Lu: I impatiently waited for Champion to be released so I could binge read the trilogy. One of my smarter ideas I might say. So action packed and awesome.

7. Ellen Hopkins: Of course I've been seeing her books for years. But the writing style just never interested me. Until this year. I decided to try one of her books and ended up reading four in a row. Took me awhile to get here, but thankfully I finally now know how brilliant Hopkins is.

8. Matt Haig: Saw info on his newest book The Humans before it was released this year and thought that sounds just like my kind of book. And I was right. I loved it. So I quickly picked up his other books because I now needed them.

9. Julie Kagawa: I decided to binge read The Iron Fey series back in the spring after getting a really good deal on the box set. And I ended up finishing those four, the Iron Legends and The Lost Prince in five days. I think that speaks for itself.

10. Rainbow Rowell: I guess she was new to most of us this year. But again, thank God I found her. She's now easily one of my favourite authors.

I think I had a pretty great year with reading new to me authors. I mean just look at the above list. :)

So, how about you guys? Any top new to you authors you read this year?

Happy reading!

Brittany

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Richelle Mead and Rainbow Rowell <3
    I still need to get around to reading one of Neil Gaiman's books which I'll definitely be doing next year.
    Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ocean at the End of the Lane was just really weird. I just got Stardust on a Kindle Daily Deal, which is awesome since that was the one I wanted to pick next. Good luck with Gaiman reading! :)

      Thanks Sam!

      Delete
  2. Gaiman, Black and Rowell are on my list to be read asap! And yay for Mead, she's among my favorite authors of all time. :)
    Good list, love the picks!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete