Friday 6 December 2013

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014



So Ula over at Blog of Erised is running this awesome reading challenge for 2014. I heard about it and immediately went and signed up to participate.
In short the challenge is just reading as many dystopian books throughout 2014 as possible. I'm a huge dystopian reader. So why wouldn't I want to take part?

Here are the basic rules:
-The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway(you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari, etc...).
-Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme(book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
-All formats allowed.
-Rereads allowed(but not the same book five times in a year!).
-It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-alone book.

And than there are different levels depending on how much you read:
Level 1:Recruit(1 to 6 books)
Level 2:Rebel(7 to 12 books)
Level 3:Revolutionist(13 to 18 books)
Level 4: Leader(19+ books)

I'm for sure aiming to be a Leader by the end of 2014. Like I mentioned, I read a lot of post-apocalyptic books so I should have no problem reading at least 24 of them next year.

If you want to participate as well(and you should!) sign-up runs till the 15th. So head on over to here to do that.

Good luck!

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you decided to take part :)
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll definitely be able to read 24 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam!
      Excited to add another challenge to my reading year. :)

      Delete