Friday 1 August 2014

July Wrap Up and August TBR


What is this? We're in August. Ah! *sobs* July was a decent month. Work is really slow this time of year, so that makes for long days. But I also can sneak in some reading. Which is obviously a huge plus. I was doing this thing called Road Trippin' July and was going to read all the road trip books. Well that was a fail. I read three of my planned TBR. Total set up for failure. I actually went on a total NA kick. More specifically I went into an On Dublin Street series haze. *hugs books* Some of my new favourite NA books now. I also continued on with my re-reading of the Outlander series. And holy crap the series finally premiere's in a few days! Alright, before I go super fangirl about it, here are all the books I read in July. 
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 5*
Nowhere But Here by Renee Carlino 2*
On the Fence by Kasie West 3*
h#16thingsithoughtweretrue by Janet Gurtler 4*
Drums of Autumn(Outlander #4) by Diana Gabaldon 5*(re-read)
How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski 3*
More Than This(More #1) by Jay McLean 3*
On Dublin Street(On Dublin Street #1) by Samantha Young 4*
Foreplay(The Ivy Chronicles #1) by Sophie Jordan 4*
Amulet Volume 1:The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi 4*
Amulet Volume 2:The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi 4*
Down London Road(On Dublin Street #2) by Samantha Young 4*
Before Jamaica Lane(On Dublin Street #3) by Samantha Young 4.5*
Fall From India Place(On Dublin Street #4) by Samantha Young 4*
Tease(The Ivy Chronicles #2) by Sophie Jordan 3*
Amulet Volume 3:The Cloud Searchers by Kazu Kibuishi 4*
The Fiery Cross(Outlander #5) by Diana Gabaldon 5*(re-read)
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol 3*
Boomerang(Boomerang #1) by Noelle August 3*
Castle Hill(On Dublin Street #2.5) by Samantha Young 3*
Virgin by Radhika Sanghani 3*
Altered(Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush 3.5*
Until Fountain Bridge(On Dublin Street #1.5) by Samantha Young 3*


So yes, really good reading month. Nothing under a 3*. Actually a lot of 4*. My favourite of the month is easy(as usual, not counting re-reads); Open Road Summer stole the show. I cannot gush and love that book more than I already am. Just pure bliss in 300 pages. I did a review if you're interested in reading about my new obsession, Matt Finch.

I know I say this every month, and here it comes again; I suck at TBR's. But there a few books that will be read in August. I'm doing a re-read of the Throne of Glass series with Samantha. We're preparing for Heir of Fire. I can't believe how close it is, yet still so far. I'll also be continuing on my re-reading of the Outlander series. There's also some August releases that will be read the day they come out. Can you guess which ones I'm going to mention? They are OppositionUgly LoveIsla and the Happily Ever After and The Revenge of Seven. There is also quite a few review books that I should/will read. But otherwise, I'll be picking up whatever I feel like it. 








How was your July? What are you going to be picking up in August?

Happy reading!

Brittany

3 comments:

  1. I am forever jealous of your reading abilities :D I wish I could read this many books, I might make an actual dent in my TBR :D
    I cannot believe either how close HoF is! :D It's been a long wait but it passed rather quickly. I am so excited for that novel oh my wooooooooooord. Sucks my preorder might take weeks to come :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read some great books! I'm currently binge-reading the On Dublin Street series, I'm on book 3 right now and loving it.

    Amber @ The Book Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO. MANY. BOOKS.
    We completely failed at Road Trippin' July... OH WELL. New Adult is awesome so it's understandable :)
    I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to read the rest of the On Dublin Street books. WHEN WILL I HAVE TIME? TOO MANY BOOKS.
    I'm very sad to see Altered got 3.5*... was the narrator to blame?
    SJM MARATHON! I'm onto The Assassin's Blade now, but I can't bring myself to read Empire. I'm not ready for the feels! ISLA! Not long now!

    ReplyDelete