Tuesday 1 July 2014

June Wrap Up & July TBR


How was everyone's June? Happy to finally be into summer and taking your reading outside? I sure the hell am. Thanks for sticking with the blog the last month. I know I didn't post as much and that includes only a review or two. But I needed a bit of a break. There's many a reasons why, so I'll just say thanks again without going into it.
My reading month was good. I didn't read near as many books as the last few months, but a lot of the books I read were pretty long. I did a few re-reads too(those books being my two favourite series's ever). I also finished off a few series's. Which was one of my reading goals for June. Did a few buddy reads with Samantha(as per usual). And overall had pretty good month with only one low rating(but it was to be expected).
Deity(Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5*
City of Heavenly Fire(The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare 4.5*
Ruin and Rising(The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo 5*
The One(The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass 2*
Elixir(Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 4*
Apollyon(Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 4*
Better When He's Bad(Welcome to the Point #1) by Jay Crownover 4*
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix(Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling 5*(re-read)
Dragonfly in Amber(Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon 5*(re-read)
Sentinel(Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 3.5*
Voyager(Outlander #3) by Diana Gabaldon 5*(re-read)
Sweet Evil(The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins 2.5*

Rusty Nailed(Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton 3*
So yes, quite a few great ratings this month. And I'm really happy I'm re-reading the Outlander series. It is my favourite bunch of books/series. With the new book finally being released I thought it was time for a re-read since it has been five years since I last read any of the books. As for my favourite of the month(without counting my re-reads) it was definitely Ruin and Rising. It's bittersweet to have the trilogy over. But I'm beyond excited for some more books set in the Grisha world.

My July TBR is close to set. In case you missed my post last week, some of my friends and I are doing Road Trippin' July. A lot of my TBR is based on those books. But I also be continuing on my re-read of the Outlander series, have one(I think) buddy read with Samantha, a few review books. Plus two new releases I'm beyond excited to finally have in my hands; Landline and On the Fence. Anyhow, here's what my TBR kind of looks like. 


How was your June? What are you looking forward to in July?

Happy reading!

Brittany

4 comments:

  1. Wow you've read a lot, good job! I wish I were this fast, and with some of the books being really fat as well! :D
    I must really get on Outlander series, everyone's raging over them and it's making me really curious. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic reading month, Brittany! The two Gabaldon books, CoHF & Order of the Phoenix are huge! I think Apollyon was the only buddy read that we gave the same rating to this month!
    I'm definitely going to need to get to Wallbanger soon! I'll try and squeeze it in this month :)
    I think we do only have one buddy read, but we're reading quite a few of the same road trip books so they can count! I can't wait for you to get Landline & On the Fence! They're fantastic!
    I reeeeeeeally want to read Biggest Flirts so I'll definitely be looking out for your review of that one!
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a really great reading month, congratulations! :) Haha, I am still waiting to read The One but I am not expecting it to go too well. I just don't love that series overall, it's okay and entertains me but I don't think it's anything special. I just think the 3rd book is really going to bug me.

    ReplyDelete