Sunday 18 January 2015

Showcase Sunday #69

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme held by Books, Biscuits and Tea. It allows fellow bloggers to show off any books or bookish things they've compiled over the week.

Hello! Anything fun happen this week, friends? Another extremely busy work week.When is the winter season over? Not important. What is important and fantastic is that I started(and finished) watching Sherlock this weekend. One, I don't how I've lived a life without this show. Two, I'm pretty sure it's the best show. Ever. Three, I might have a slight(massive) crush on Benedict Cumberbatch now. I'm pretty sure everyone reading this has watched Sherlock, but if you were like me and living under a rock, get out. Get out now. How am I supposed to wait until next year? Ah! Needless to say that I'm buying the complete series on DVD because I have become slightly(massively) obsessed.
Book wise I received a few review books. Honestly, was totally surprised with one of them. But it was a pleasant surprise. The other one I am second guessing my decision to accept it. I failed to do my research before hand and just went on how popular a book it is. Ummm...I will not be doing that again. Although I've yet to read it, so I can't really get ahead of myself.

For Review
Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein: Totally forgot I had requested this months ago. So was very pleasantly surprised when it showed up. Code Name Verity is an amazing and powerful book. I still need to read Rose Under Fire. I feel like I've been preparing myself for years. But now is the time. So I can read this. 
**Thanks to Disney-Hyperion for sending this out**


After by Anna Todd: Soooo...I accepted this book for review based on the hype and buzz I'd heard. Knew it was romance. That's all. Failed to do my research and read up on the fact that it's 1D fan fiction. Ummm...What? The reviews from my GR friends aren't great. Plus it's like a 600 pages romance book. What? But I have it, so I'm going to give it a go. And if anything, it might be unintentionally hilarious.
**Thanks to Simon & Schuster for sending this out**


What did you guys get this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany 

3 comments:

  1. So confession - I haven't watched the very last episode of Sherlock because I don't want it to be over and have to wait for 20 years for the next season to come out! The speech he gave at John's wedding was so wonderful. Now I want to go back and rewatch that episode! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you watched Sherlock! Now we can fangirl together! :D
    Oh holy hell. It's a Harry Styles fan fiction? PASS. I had no idea it was a 1D fanfic, so thank you for taking this one off of my radar! I still haven't read Code Name Verity... I started it, and never finished it. I possibly wasn't in the right mood for it. But I intend to get to it this year!
    Happy reading! And I hope you have more luck with Doctor Who! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete