Tuesday 13 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't!

10. The Knife of Never Letting Go
I actually did put this one down when I first tried to read it years ago. But late last year I decided to pick it up again because it's such a well loved book. And although the first 100 pages are quite slow I pushed through and did end up enjoying the story.

The rest of my list are books I did finish but had to really make myself finish. So needless to say I didn't rate them above a 2*.
9. After
This was an awful story about an awful girl. Just no.
8. Wild Awake
So this is what being on drugs is like. :/

7. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
I did start reading this one in physical form but was beyond bored so I decided to go the audio route. Didn't help. I spaced out a lot well "listening."

6. The Hollow
Way to cheesy and reminiscent of the Twilight era. My late twenty-something self just found it annoying and eye-rolly.

5. Shatter Me
I spent the whole time wanting to punch Juliette and Adam. And ended up skimming the last third. On the plus I did continue with the trilogy and really enjoyed them.

4. White Space
I spent the whole time saying, "WTF?" And not in a good way. I don't like spending the whole time confused and just not caring.

3. The Here and Now
Short stand alone with no punch. What you thought would happen from page one happened on page two-fifty.

2. End Times
Not a terrible book. Just not a Brittany book. I didn't enjoy anything about it. Just made my angry.

1. The Ocean At the End of the Lane
Yea, this one was to weird. I didn't get it.

Agree? Disagree? What are some of yours? Link up your TTT post if you have one.

Happy reading!

Brittany

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books before but I'm really interested in Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and also The Knife of Never Letting Go.

    My titles are different from yours, you could check it out if you want to, to see if you have read any of them! :D

    Josette
    Books Love Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Juliette but Adam was not for me. I haven't read any of the others you mentioned but I think they're all on my list.

    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your comments Brittany. I keep thinking that I should read Wide Awake but something is putting me off reading it. I'm certainly not in any rush to read it. I'm glad you kept with the Knife of Never Letting Go. It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to love White Space so bad but I put it down before I even finished the first chapter and haven't picked it up yet, though I am still planing to! Wide Awake is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read but I just somehow never get around to it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like Shatter Me too much either, but I want to read on as well, see how it turns out.
    I was really looking forward to Verday's books but now I'll approach with caution. :L Shame, really.
    Same goes for Coldest Girl, some people were seriously let down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read The Knife of Never Letting Go. I actually have the audio too, so hopefully that'll help. Ocean at the End of the Lane is definitely not one of my favorites of Neil Gaiman's. It was a lot of crazy going on. OMG and White Space...totally DNF that read. I was reading for NetGalley and just had to give up. It was so damn confusing!!!
    Come by and check out my Wow & my Book Haul@ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. I've heard people say they didn't like Shatter Me very much either. But I keep hearing that the rest of the series is really great so when I get to Shatter Me, if I don't like it all that much, I'll definitely give the rest of the series a try to see if my opinion changes. I've seen Wild Awake on a few lists, has put me off trying that one I must admit. White Space is one I downloaded as an eARC but all of the awful reviews put me off even starting it. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a shame, I really want to read The Here and Now and The Hollow! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I really liked Shatter Me. The writing just blew me away and the second book was even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, the only one on your list that I really want to read is Neil Gaiman's.... Some of those I have a minor interest in reading, but not like I'm dying to read them or anything. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Neil Gaiman is overrated.

    ReplyDelete