Saturday 31 October 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up October 24th-30th


Hey friends. I know I've been slacking in getting any posts up these past few weeks. There's really no excuse except laziness. I'll have more up next week though. And I've still been reading. Just interneting has me slacking.

I did manage to read four books this week. One being on audio. Three being physical; one of those a re-read.


Echoes of Scotland Street(On Dublin Street #5) by Samantha Young *****(re-read)
Wanted some Cole in my life. Find my original review here.


Amour Amour by Becca and Krista Ritchie *****
I was holding off on reading this beauty until Long Way Down had a release date. I don't know why, but that's how it is. So I finally allowed myself to devour this. I will admit to the first little bit being iffy. I was liking it, just not loving it. But all worked out in the end. Thora turned out to be a really cool girl. I love when we get a physically strong leading lady. Different to all the tiny in every way we usually get. I loved the whole setting; Vegas and the Cirque du Soleil type circus. It was really cool and fun. The Ritchie sisters are fantastic at incorporating and writing family dynamics. Amour Amour has a rich and big Russian family in the Kotova's. Nikolai comes off a little harsh. But as Thora gets to know him, she sees how he's the "father" to all his siblings and cousins and thus his responsibilities are different then hers. Nik and Thora are hot together. And just a whole bunch of fun. As always, another sexy and well written romance.


The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes ***
Now it is no secret that I love Moyes, but this one was a struggle to get through. I was pretty close to DNF'ing. The Peacock Emporium is a small town, mutli generation family drama. The beginning third is pretty damn slow and boring. It did get a bit more interesting from that point on. But my main problem was pinpointed to Susan, the main character and her dead mom. Both are just selfish. It makes it so hard to relate to rich families and their trivial problems. Mostly because they are usually not universal. I understand everyone has problems and goes through identity problems, but it's hard to not get all eye rolly when they are because of secrets and just being selfish. Which was Susan. I have a whole bunch of other Moyes books I could recommend people, so it's really not loss there. But still sucks not to love a favourite authors book.

 
A Cold Legacy(Madman's Daughter #3) by Megan Shepherd ***.5
Okay, overall a four star trilogy. Especially loved listening to them on audio. Fantastic narrator. A Cold Legacy's problem was Juliet. She's sooooo annoying. So many outcomes could have been better if she didn't do something stupid. Really really bad decision making 90% of the time. Everything was her fault. Besides her, I enjoyed the re-telling of Frankenstein and quite a bit of the supporting characters are awesome. Especially Balthazar. He's just the best, a dog like human. What's better then that?

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on

What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment