Saturday 30 May 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up May 23rd-29th


I only managed to finish four books this week. One was a re-read. Three were physical books and one was an e-book.
I still have like four books on the go from last week that I've yet to finish. One I'm pretty sure I'm just going to DNF because I've lost all interest. Haven't read it in over two weeks.



Wave by Eric Walters ****
I needed to read something short and quick. I've been meaning to read another Eric Walters book for forever. So Wave was a perfect pick. It's about the 2004 tsunami, so I knew it would be emotional. I think Walters did a fantastic job capturing the devastation felt by the family the book follows as well as the people of Thailand(where the family was vacationing). I didn't think this was the most well written of Walters books. But I don't think it was meant to be. Nor did that take away from the story. I need to read more of Walters back titles that I own very soon.


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover *****(re-read)
The teaser trailer was released this week. That made me need to do a re-read. Loved it as much the second time around. You can find my past review here.


P.S. I Still Love You(To All the Boys I've Loved Before) by Jenny Han ****
A few weeks ago I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before and said I was going to review it. Well I still haven't written that review. But I will. I'm going to do a series review. So hopefully I'll actually write that this weekend and get it posted next week.


Whatever Life Throws At You by Julie Cross ****
I was at a stand still with the books I was currently reading, so I needed something to pull me out of my funk. That's where my YA and NA contemps come in. Whatever Life Throws At You was a much needed read. It's definitely nothing special. But it's a sweet romance. It's right on the cusp of NA. The MC is still in high school, but the romance gets a little steamy. Nothing really graphic. I liked it. I also love books centered around sports. I may not be a big baseball fan, but when you base a good romance book around it than I suddenly love it and want to go to a game. The writing was definitely not the best, but it was good enough to keep me reading. I think this is one of those times where the book is read at the perfect moment. Definitely enjoyed Whatever Life Throws At You. Really recommend for newbies to NA or especially someone that is hesitant to give the genre a go.


What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got in a little bit of a reading funk. I've been a bit restless but have finally settled down a bit on a few books. I haven't read any Eric Walters but now I want to try him. And of course Jenny Han and Colleen Hoover have been on my To Try list for ages. One day!

    ReplyDelete