Thursday 23 April 2015

Disney Princess TAG

This tag originated over on YouTube and was created by TurtleSympathy.

Thanks to Charnell Reviews From A Bookworm for tagging me!


Anna & Elsa
A book involving siblings: Since I just devoured this series, I'm going to have to go with the Addicted series. There's four sisters, but three of them are just so close. Very solid relationship. They are there and behind each other with everything that happens. Good or bad.

Rapunzel
A book that made you emotional: Not many make me cry. I've got a black heart. So the last one to make me have ALL THE FEELS, one I just read, I'm Not Her. I knew it was a cancer book, so there's those feelings. But I was shocked by something else that happened. Totally made me shed some tears.

Merida
A book featuring a female warrior: There's really no other answer than my top kick ass lady; Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series. She's an assassin, might be a little bit crazy, which is understandable. But there's also so much more to her. She gets more and more bad ass as the series has gone on.

Tiana
A book that features realistic struggles: I just read and absolutely LOVED Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Simon is gay but hasn't come out yet. So he's struggling with how to go about that. Plus just being a teenager and trying to handle life. This book is perfection!

Belle
A literary book or classic: Yea, I don't read them classics. Just not my thing. But I have read and loved The Great Gatsby. That's a modern classic. 

Pocahontas
A nature themed book or book by a naturalist: In the Healer Trilogy nature plays a huge part in a lot of the magic systems. One of the MC's, Kerrick can touch the ground and blend in. That's just a bit of what his magic consists of. 

Jasmine
A book about the desire to be free: This might be a little off the meaning of this question, but whatever. I'm going to say The Martian. Mark is stranded on Mars and trying to survive four years by himself until the next shuttle arrives. I'd say he's trapped and would want nothing more than to be free of his restraints on Mars(like lack of breathable air).


Mulan
A book featuring war or battles: Can pretty much pick any fantasy series because there is always a war(s) and/or battle(s) between kingdoms or even within a kingdom. So that's what I'm going with. And since I can't pick one, a few of my favourites are The Lumatere ChroniclesThe Ascendance Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings.


Ariel
A book featuring curiosity or learning: Besides Harry Potter, nothing else really came to me. With HP we learn a ton along with Harry as he attends his lessons and just learns all about the magical world. And his fate too.


Cinderella
A book featuring manual labour:  I don't really know why I found this one so hard. So I'm just going to go with Outlander. There's plenty of times throughout the series where characters are working hard to survive or are in a prison where doing back breaking work day in and day out.


Sleeping Beauty
A book featuring sleep: I thought about going the not so PG way with this question. Made myself chuckle over some answers. But instead am going with The Women Who Stole My Life. The MC isn't technically asleep during a portion of it. She does end up with a very rare neuro disease that keeps her in a hospital bed for years of her life where she can only blink. I'd pretty much compare that to being a sleep for years of your life.


Snow White
A book featuring one of the seven deadly sins: Ummmm.... I'm kind of drawing a blank here. The only one I can think of is a book I didn't really enjoy, but has a solid following. Sweet Evil is centered around kids who's parents embody a certain sin.


Megara
A book featuring Greek mythologyPercy Jackson. Obviously. Absolutely adore PJ and than The Heroes of Olympus. Never has reading for fun made me learn so much.


Alice
A book featuring nonsense or an usual other world: I was having trouble thinking of any books outside Alice in Wonderland or any of the re-tellings I've read. Than I thought of the Theatre Illuminata series. It's a bit of a contemporary world outside the Theatre itself. But the Theatre Illuminata is a magical place where all the characters from every play are bound. It's magical, unusual and the story is a bit confusing at times. Very unique though.


Maid Marian
A book with a canine: You guys know my love for the Elemental series, it's fantastic, yes. But it also has my favourite fictional dog, Casper. He's just a regular dog. But he's sooo smart and adorable and I just really want him to be real. Real and my dog.


Nala
A book with a feline: Okay, I'm definitely not a cat person, but from the moment I met Grimalkin from The Iron Fey series, I was like that is how a cat would totally be if they could talk. He's a clever, cheeky smartass. Also he's really loyal under all his jerkish gestures. Grim constantly made my laugh and shake my head. He's fantastic.


I'm not going to specifically tag anyone. So if anyone wants to do this, than do it and just link me to your post.
What would some of your answers be to any of the questions?

Happy reading!

Brittany


6 comments:

  1. Ah, this is awesome! xD *love*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! I'm not much of a classic reader either (which may be why I've been reading Great Expectations for 6 weeks!) and Percy Jackson is high on my TBR. I'll have to keep this one in mind and I'll be sure to link to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing that would make Caleana better with Merida hair!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun tag, I might even do it!!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! :) YOU DID THE TAG!!! Love this and loving the answers. Definitely agree that Celaena is one kick ass heroine! I need the next book in that series already. I need to start the Outlander series, but part of me doesn't know whether I should watch the show first. I don't know....but I want to watch the show so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the only classic I've ever read is Wuthering Heights.. Oh wait, I did read The Great Gatsby, but on audio and I was bored to tears. Percy would have been my only answer for the Greek Mythology question too. I've read a few other books featuring Greek Gods, but Percy is the best. And I would definitely have picked the Splintered trilogy for nonsense of unusual other world since it's a dark version of Wonderland! Also, Celaena is the only person I would have picked for female warrior. She's just SO AMAZING AND BAD ASS.

    ReplyDelete